Roman shades are one of the most versatile, beautiful options for window treatments, since they can be made in virtually any pattern or fabric. Yet, this often creates a predicament for those considering Roman shades for their home. When the options are infinite, where do you begin? To offer some inspiration, we’ve compiled seven of our favorite images of roman shades from around the web. Enjoy!
1. Straight & Narrow. No window is too small for window treatments! Cover a small, thin window with a custom-sized roman shade to add privacy and a pop of pattern to a space.
2. Wide & Slouchy. Instead of opting for four separate panels to cover this long row of windows, the homeowner chose one long shade, which creates a slouchy, relaxed look.
3. Pattern-Palooza. In a monochromatic space, varying patterns keeps the design interesting and multifaceted.
4. Paired with curtains. No need to stick to one window treatment. Here, contrasting prints in a singular palette are used for both drapes and roman shades, making this set of French doors the undoubted focal point of this space.
5. Framing a bed. If your headboard sits between a set of windows, hanging drapes could make the space look heavy. Neat, trim roman shades are the perfect alternative.
6. Over the sink. Window treatments are one of the few spots to add pattern and textiles in the kitchen, so go bold with a printed roman shade in a coordinating color scheme.
7. Light & Lovely. Roman shades don’t have to make a statement. In a room with wallpaper or a bold paint color, roman shades in a simple, translucent fabric add subtle light diffusion and a spot for the eye to rest.
For more custom roman shade ideas, visit Shades Co. at one of our two New York City locations at: 419 Lafayette St., or 174 Fifth Avenue.