15 May 7 Beautiful Ideas for Custom Window Valances
Feel like your windows are missing something? Whether they’re completely bare, or your window treatments feel like they could use a finishing touch, adding a custom window valance or cornice might be the perfect solve to your decor dilemma.
To help you get inspired, here are seven beautiful ideas for custom window valances that we love.
1. Add a contrasting hue. Want to refresh the look of your curtains without have to purchase new panels? Try adding a fabric cornice in a contrasting color to the top of the windows.
Image via megliolabeal.com
2. Mix in print. If your solid drapery panels suddenly feel boring, adding an upholstered cornice in a fun print can instantly give them new life.
Image via Etsy
3. Or a solid. Similarly, if your new drapes feel make your room feel busy, try adding a tailored, solid colored cornice to help tone down and add polish to the look.
Image via House & Home
4. Mix-and-match pattern. Feeling daring? Mix two prints together.
Image via Liz Bryan Interiors
5. Pair it with blinds. A fabric window valance adds a fashionable touch to functional window treatments like wooden or faux wooden blinds.
6. Spruce up Shades. Like blinds, window shades can often have a utilitarian look. Soften it up by adding a valance.
Image via homeandgardendesignideas.com
7. Highlight a small window. With small windows where long drapery isn’t an option and privacy or light blocking isn’t necessary, window valances dress up the space.
Image via homebunch.com