Window shades come in dozens of styles: Roman, Luminette, Roller, Honeycomb… and the list goes on. If you’re in the market for window shades for your home, how do you know what style is best for you?
To help you narrow down your options, we’ve listed the most popular options for window shades, and the pros and cons of each.
1. Roman shades. Perhaps the most timeless of shade styles, Roman shades offer a crisp, tidy look, and are made of horizontally pleated fabric that can be customized to suit virtually any decor.
2. Luminette shades. Luminette shades are made of sheer fabric that provides light dilution without blocking the view outdoors. However, luminette shades can also be closed for full privacy. They’re a beautiful choice for tall windows or doorways.
3. Roller shades. A highly functional window treatment with a minimalist look, roller shades are made to block out the light. If you’re looking to transform a room from day to night in an instant or keep out the early morning sunlight, roller shades are your best bet.
4. Honeycomb shades. Honeycomb shades offer the sheer look of Luminette styles, with the added benefit of offering insulating properties from both noise and heat, thanks to the shades’ cellular-style construction.
5. Pleated shades. Pleated shades offer a similar look and style to honeycomb shades, but without the cellular insulation properties.
6. Silhouette shades. Among our most popular shades styles, silhouette shades offer a full-range of light diffusing capabilities, from sheer to room-darkening. They function similar to blinds, while offering a softer, more luxurious look.
For more information on the many styles of window shades, and to see samples in person, stop into our showrooms in New York City or North Carolina, or give us a call at: 212-222-8288.